Meet De’Anthony Thomas, an American football wide receiver and return specialist, born on January 5, 1993. This article explores De’Anthony Thomas Net Worth , analyzing her remarkable financial accomplishments and the key factors contributing to her successful journey. He gained popularity during his time at the University of Oregon, where he showcased his exceptional skills in running back, slot receiver, and kick returner positions. His outstanding versatility, blazing speed, and quickness made him a highlight reel on the field, earning him a reputation as one of the most exciting players in college football. In 2014, De’Anthony Thomas was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL Draft, and since then, he has had stints with multiple NFL teams. He has proven his knack for scoring from any position on the field and has been an impactful returner. Recently, he joined the BC Lions in the Canadian Football League (CFL). As a free agent, he remains a promising talent and an appealing option for NFL teams.
Table of Contents
De’Anthony Thomas Biography
De’Anthony Thomas was born in Los Angeles, California, on January 5, 1993. He is currently 30 years old.
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
De’Anthony Thomas stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) and weighs approximately 160 pounds (73 kilograms). He possesses the physical attributes necessary to excel in football and track.
Early Life and Family
During his early years, De’Anthony Thomas displayed remarkable talent in Pop Warner Football, playing for the Crenshaw Bears in Snoop Dogg’s Snoop Youth Football League. At Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles, De’Anthony Thomas emerged as an exceptional athlete, excelling in football and track. He was named the Gatorade California Football Player of the Year in 2011. Thomas comes from a supportive and close-knit family.
Following his successful high school career, De’Anthony Thomas pursued higher education at the University of Oregon from 2011 to 2013. During this time, he played football for the Oregon Ducks, significantly contributing to the team’s success.
|Age||30 years old|
|Birthdate||January 5, 1993|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight||160 pounds (73 kg)|
|Education||University of Oregon|
Family and Relations
De’Anthony Thomas is married to Ashley Thomas and has two children. He values his family and shares a strong bond with them. Additionally, Thomas is known for his philanthropic efforts, supporting charitable organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Ronald McDonald House.
|Family||Married to Ashley ThomasHas two children|
Career and Achievements
- During his college years at Oregon, Thomas received recognition as the Pac-12 Co-Offensive Freshman of the Year for outstanding performance on the field.
- Thomas’s exceptional contributions to his college team earned him the prestigious Team’s Most Outstanding Player Award, highlighting his impact on the field.
- Thomas’s talent and skills were acknowledged by coaches and experts, earning him a spot in the All-Pac-12 First-team.
- Thomas’s remarkable performance as a freshman garnered him a spot in the Freshman All-America list recognized by the Sporting News.
- Phil Steele recognized Thomas’s remarkable abilities as a freshman by including him in the All-Freshman First-team.
- Thomas’s exceptional kick return abilities were highlighted when he was named the CFPA Kick Returner Performer of the Week for his outstanding plays against Washington State and USC.
- Thomas’s physical attributes were measured at the NFL Combine, providing key metrics for his potential as a professional football player.
- De’Anthony Thomas was chosen by the Kansas City Chiefs during the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. During his debut season, he showcased his versatility by playing as a wide receiver, running back, and punt returner. He had notable performances, including a touchdown punt return against the Oakland Raiders.
- Transitioning to a full-time wide receiver, Thomas contributed to the Chiefs’ offense, scoring a touchdown and displaying his speed and agility on the field.
- With the emergence of rookie Tyreek Hill, Thomas’s role on special teams decreased, but he continued to make valuable contributions as a receiver and on punts and kicks.
- Thomas expanded his role as a receiver, especially when injuries affected the Chiefs’ offense. He had significant yardage and scored touchdowns in consecutive games.
- Despite dealing with injuries in the 2018 season, Thomas still had a notable impact and scored a touchdown against the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Thomas remained a key return specialist for the Chiefs in 2019, showcasing his skills on special teams.
- Thomas became their primary return man After being signed by the Baltimore Ravens. He displayed his abilities as a kick returner during regular-season games and the Divisional Round Playoff game.
- Thomas re-signed with the Ravens but chose to opt out of the season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thomas signed with the BC Lions in the Canadian Football League for the 2022 season.
- Thomas’s career has been marked by his versatility, agility, and speed, making him a potent threat as a wide receiver and return specialist.
- He has earned numerous accolades during his college and professional football journey, showcasing his impact and value on the field.
- Thomas’s abilities as a dynamic punt returner have resulted in him returning four punts for touchdowns during his NFL career.
- Despite being a free agent in 2023, Thomas’s potential and skill set make him an attractive prospect for any NFL team looking for a talented player.
De’Anthony Thomas net worth
De’Anthony Thomas’ net worth is estimated to be around $2 million. He is one of the richest football players in the United States. His Net Worth results from his successful career as a professional football player and endorsement deals with major brands like Nike, Gatorade, and Under Armour. During his NFL career, Thomas earned around $7 million from contracts with the Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals, and Los Angeles Chargers. Additionally, his endorsement deals contribute approximately $1 million annually to his earnings. Apart from his NFL salary and endorsements, Thomas generates income through his social media presence, with over 1 million followers on Instagram and over 200,000 followers on Twitter. It allows him to connect with fans and promote his brand, further contributing to his net worth.
De’Anthony Thomas Facts
- De’Anthony Thomas is the cousin of former NFL wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.
- He is the youngest player to return a punt for a touchdown in the Pac-12 Conference.
- He is the only player in Pac-12 history to achieve 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 punt return yards in a single season.
- De’Anthony Thomas is uniquely distinguished in the NFL as the sole player to achieve two punt return touchdowns in a single game.
- De’Anthony Thomas has achieved a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- He follows a vegan lifestyle.
- Thomas is a philanthropist who donated to charities like the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Ronald McDonald House.
- Attending Crenshaw High School, De’Anthony Thomas earned the Gatorade California Football Player of the Year title in 2011.
- He attended the University of Oregon from 2011 to 2013.
- Within the NFL, De’Anthony Thomas stands as the sole player to score two punt return touchdowns in a single game.
- He has played for the Chiefs, Ravens, Cardinals, and Chargers in the NFL.
- He is married to Ashley Thomas and has two children.
De’Anthony Thomas is a versatile American football wide receiver and return specialist known for his exceptional skills. From Crenshaw High School to the NFL, he has impressed with his blazing speed and agility. With numerous achievements, he remains a promising talent in football. Off the field, he embraces philanthropy and values family. His net worth reflects his successful career and endorsements. De’Anthony Thomas’ net worth is estimated to be around $2 million. De’Anthony Thomas continues to make his mark both on and off the field.
Q1: What is De’Anthony Thomas’s biggest weakness?
De’Anthony Thomas’s biggest weakness is his size. Standing at 5’9″ and 190 pounds, he lacks the physicality of some other NFL receivers. Additionally, he can be inconsistent at times.
Q2: What is De’Anthony Thomas’s best position?
De’Anthony Thomas’s best position is wide receiver. His exceptional skills and versatility make him a scoring threat from anywhere on the field, and he also excels as a dangerous returner.
Q3: What is De’Anthony Thomas’ net worth future outlook?
De’Anthony Thomas’s future net worth outlook is promising. As a young player with potential, he can continue to earn from his NFL career, endorsements, and social media presence. By making wise investments and being a savvy businessman, his net worth could reach $10 million.